About W.A. Franke
In 2016, William A. and Carolyn Franke and their family gave UM the largest single gift in its history. On. Nov. 18, 2016, the Montana University System Board of Regents approved the naming of the W.A. Franke College of Forestry & Conservation and the Franke Global Leadership Initiative in honor of this tranformative $24 million gift.
The W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation will receive $18 million to support:
- W.A. Franke Sustainability Fellows Program
- W.A. Franke Scholarship Fund
- W.A. Franke Endowed Graduate Fellowships in Wildlife Biology
- W.A. Franke Endowed Faculty Chair in Forest Conservation
- W.A. Franke Endowed Faculty Chair in Watershed Hydrology
- W.A. Franke Internship Fund
- W.A. Franke Innovation Fund
This is Big: Honoring the Franke Family
The decision to invest in UM was a family endeavor involving Bill and Carolyn’s five children: Dave, who oversees the family office, Franke and Company; Brian, a principal at Indigo Partners; Paige and Catherine, who are both educators; and Rebecca.
UM on Track to Receive Largest Single Gift in Its History - Oct. 11, 2016